Jan 14, 2009

Men and their tools

Again... get your mind out of the gutter. I'm talking about real tools. You know... the ones you work with to fix stuff :o)

My uncle needed some things from HOME DEPOT so I thought since I have never been there I should go with him and take a look.
It turned out to be a lot of fun.

Since I'm gay and all, I always thought that the more sensitive and feminine genes in me are more developed than the raw manly genes.
Was I surprised to find out that I really care for tools and creating things with my hands.
I do have some minitools at home. Some fine (in the sense of tiny) screwdrivers for computers and stuff and I am kind of proud to say that I can build a computer from scratch and put the hardware together.
But I never thought that I'd like working with steel and wood and build things.

When I went to the isle for precision tools, I saw a lot of electronic tools, too.
Did you know that you can measure a room with a laser pointer?
WOW... tools are amazing.

Can't wait to start collecting tools when I get back home from LA.
You are never too young to own your own tools.

Somehow I DO understand Tim 'The Toolman' Tayler now.
Whooo Whooo Whooo

1 comment:

85.67%Brian said...

I know how you feel, especially about the precision tools. I used to repair cameras and I had the same deal being it was tool but on a mini scale. But through years of cheap landlords and not being happy with things most other people do I ended up doing many manly and tooly things on my own to make sure they were done right. I've actually become quite the handy gay man and yes I do get a bit of tingly in my man feelings when I go to one of those stores too. You are not alone.