Aug 4, 2009

A 'Brilliant' Night

For the first time in a really long time I went somewhere by myself and had a good time. I went to the library and the theatre to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I was feeling depressed a few nights ago, but was cured by the amazing Jake. Thanks to him, I was inspired to go out, live my life and have fun, even though I was alone; and I did. Before I left my sister had asked me to buy something for her. Normally I would've felt obligated to do it seeing as she is my sister, but this time was all about me.
At the library, I sat with a guy who was doing a project (hoping that he was available) while I read some books on psychology. They were interesting, but I merely scratched the surface of it's past and it's theories. Ever 15 seconds or so the guy would sniffle and put his head in his hands, as if stressed. After a while I asked him if he was ok. He said "yea, man" (not "mon"). I was hoping for a "not really" to comfort him, but I guess he was just sick. The rest of the time passed and we said nothing. He left and I saw him flirting with a girl. "He's straight", I said to myself. I was used to that so I just kept on reading.
Off to the movie. I walked 40 minutes to get to the theatre when I could have taken a taxi. I figured that I would save the money and get some exercise; even jogged for about a minute. I arrive and get my ticket, then head over to the pharmacy nearby. I didn't fear talking to strangers anymore. I was up-front and confident, no stumbling on my words as I had before. The strange feeling of betrayal and mistrust was no longer dominant in me. At the pharmacy I buy an ice-cream cone (first one in months) and walk around the pharmacy waiting for the movie to start.
To the movie. I buy popcorn and a drink and head off. I was surprised to see that there were only 4 other people there, because it is usually packed. I took advantage of the opportunity and sat anywhere I wanted. Only 16 people were present during the movie and it was so much fun. I kept changing seats and wandering about. I loved it! I even said "fuck" out loud without worrying about who hears. The movie ends and I go outside to see the moon shining at me (about 80% full). It was a 'brilliant' night (to honour the movie's British words) and I'm glad I went out and enjoyed it.

3 comments:

Planetx_123 said...

I kind of enjoy nights 'by myself' every once in a while. I am ok with solitude for the most part, but it gets monotonous sometimes. I usually watch movies by myself because I used to work for the local theater chain, and I still know the managers- so I get invited to watch the private screenings before the shows. Its nice to have entire rows to yourself, and even lay down across the rows.

Something about your description of your night, maybe its simplicity-- but its very romantic. I really enjoyed reading the description, almost poetic.

Much Love,
Steve

Unknown said...

Thanks you Steve, reading your comment made me smile like a child. Thank you for taking time out to read it and comment!

Unknown said...

this sounds both sad and like a great moment wich is something that i dare say im used to. it's good that you had fun though. ;]