Nov 17, 2009

Don't

the following is a poem from a friend of mine. Only someone who went through something like this can remotly understand what this poem is about and how beautiful it is in it's sadness.

Don’t
Dont look at me with pity, i need your strength
Dont crowd me with words, just let me talk
Dont touch me, i will reach out when im ready
Dont call me, i need time to think and work it through

Dont tell me how i should feel, feelings are beyond my control at this time

Dont stop my tears and screams, they are my path to release and healing
Dont cross the road to avoid me, just smile and say hello
Dont say you understand, just thank god that you cant
Dont be hurt by what i say or do, my pain is clouding my judgement
Dont think im going mad, im doing the best i can do to retain my sanity

Dont tell me i will forget, his memory is all i have left

and whatever you do

Dont think i dont appreciate you being here

taken from Duane's tumbler

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything is being expressed in these words.

Everything.

So true. So right.

So painful. Still.

Planetx_123 said...

Wow that is really beautiful. Even though I don't think I have experienced something like you are going through, I have experienced grief. These words are just so comprehensive-- Im really blown away by how perfect this poem is.

But as the poem mentions, there is nothing I can do for comfort besides remind you that others are here for you. I'll have to try harder to catch you on skype.

Much Love,
Steve

Anonymous said...

wow this Duane guy sounds like a senstive, caring, good looking genius :o)
Hugs nic <333

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Nic said...

@Planetx_123 thank you, Steve. Unfortunately you have experienced what this poem is about. It's about a loved one passing away. I think Duane just nailed it with his perfect choice of words.

@Anonymous aka Duane: oh yeah, that Duane guy is a sexy sexy beast.

@Anonymous aka I have no idea who you are: I'm trying to understand you. I think you mean blog instead of forum. What do you mean by becoming a moderator? Do you want to publish your thoughts on this blog, too? Please be a little bit more specific.

thank you guys,
love, Nicky

PS: @Jake: Dude, you gotta blog something soon. Raheem's excuse is that his computer is broken. What's yours?