Nov 2, 2010

Gratitude

My ISP (Internet Service Provider) is the same as my TV cable company.
I have already expressed how awesome I think my new internet is with the downspeed of 4MB/s (32mbit/s).

On Sunday mom and I were watching TV when I accidentally knocked off the digital receiver. I didn't break it but the sensor for the remote control inside the receiver must have been out of it's place because we had to go very close with the remote to be able to switch the channels.

So I called my ISP/TV cable provider who also provided the receiver on a Sunday and told them about the problem. They said that it is no problem and they are gonna replace it within the next few days.
I asked if he can be more specific and he said "well, since Monday is a bank holiday, the technical department will receive your order on Tuesday... so your order will be delivered on Thursday at the latest."
I said ok and thanked him and hung up.

Now it is Tuesday... yesterday was a bank holiday and I just got a text from my sister, who is at home and she wanted to know if I had ordered anything cause there is a guy at the door waiting.
So I replied and asked "is it a receiver?" and she texted "yeah" and then I texted "sign for it".

Then, during break I called home and talked to her and she said that the guy came in, unpacked the new receiver, packed the old one... plugged it in, programmed the smart card and set up everything.

I thought it was so awesome that I called the guys from Unity Media (on a free number btw). I said "you know, a lot of people call you and complain whenever they have a problem. I just want to let you know that I am impressed and I want to thank you for the super-fast delivery and everything."

He was silent for a second cause apparently no one does stuff like that... haha... he asked me for my account number and I told him and he said "thank you Mr. G. I will note that in the system. Thank you very much for your call... I'd like to thank you with a free on-demand-movie"...

I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE ARE NICE... it's like paying it forward... everyone is happy. everyone smiles...
there is GOOD in the world...

UNITYMEDIA... Go get it. You won't regret it.

5 comments:

EdeSchuster said...

Hey Nic!
That can't be true! I thought you live in Germany!? Wait for the bill. ;)
Ede

Sarah said...

haha i used to work in a call center and well ... i never got such nice calls lol

Planetx_123 said...

believe me-- i would if i could....

Jake said...

Yea, I used to work in a call center as well and rarely got these kinds of calls. When I did, I sent them to my supervisor, and if the call was in favour of me personally, I usually got a $10 gift card to the local coffee shop or something like that.

That is why, anytime I get good service from a company like that I always ask to speak to the supervisor and give a compliment.

Jason Shaw said...

What a nice story of great service, I'm impressed.

It also shows that being nice, costs nothing, but can be so beneficial and mean a great deal to others! You probably made that guys day, or even week!