Sep 23, 2010

I apologize

Someone posted this comment on my last blogpost titled "Lloyd" last night
Anonymous said...
Did you ever consider that he might not be ok with you blaring out all this personal stuff about him? Don't you think he had his reasons not to tell anyone about his condition? It's bad enough that you apparently try to stalk him now just because he dared to not tell you where he went . But giving the whole internet the information to do the same is really beyond naive. You sir, are an idiot.

You are right. In my first reaction on his abrupt disappearance I did not consider that he doesn't want people to know. Although I remember he told a lot of his friends.
The fact that I am "stalking" him is beyond my control. I want my friend back. But again, you are right. I should leave it be. He had a good reason not to tell me or any of his other friends. I'm too emotionally involved in this and hence did not think. I apologize for that.

I have deleted that blogpost and also the information on twitter. I have also set my twitter account to private.
Again, I'm sorry for looking for him. And I'm glad you set me straight and teach me how people should behave appropriately when a person they love just disappears without warning.
Apparently you have a very good idea of my relationship with him and you know that it's nothing more than just a friend "not telling me where he went".

You've said your peace, you set me straight, you even posted my skype ID on /b/ (whatever that shit is) so I got tons of nasty let-me-add-you-nic-I-saw-you-on-/b/ requests. Now that you've done all of that, you can move on. And I'm gonna try to do the same.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. /b/ is the "random" thread on 4chan, nic. Despite being the ones who found that bosnian girl who threw the puppies in the river, they can be really... Mean, and cult like. Once in a while I see peoples info posted there (usually an address and phone number) ofsomeone te poster doesn't like. I sorta wish I saw your info up there to see what the poster might have said about u

-Tyler

Planetx_123 said...

I agree that "dropping it and moving on" sounds like a good idea, but I think that comment is kinda bullshit.

I agree that everyone has a right to be private, and surely he had some reason to do what he did. However, when one disappears with almost no reasonable explanation, I dont know how one should be expected to react. I think its unkind and unfair for a person to _drop_ his friends so callously. Same is true for BB-- clearly a lot of people care for him, and to leave so quick with so little of an excuse, can't help but hurt. Of course you're going to be upset--to not be upset and to not care, is not human.

And I don't know that you should be taking lessons on ethics and philosophy from someone who is childish enough to send the 4chan dogs and can't even post their real name. The comment strangely has a "Jake Anon" tone about it... just saying.

Ok now Im done, I won't bring it up again.

Steve

MartininBroda said...

It's really rare that I agree with 90% to Steve (10% is only I'm more cautious with guessing), here I do! You're far from being an idiot.

Just said...

Passion people leap sometimes ... just remember this Nic ... you did it with good , and your heart...sure you may of jump in .... but I rather have a friend jump in with love ... than a friend that ignore a need ... never change I stand behind that statement ... .... rather have friends like you and sure Lloyd ... never stop caring the way you do ... sorry it causes you grief ... but a big heart gives way more love than it causes grief .... a idiot you are not !

Planetx_123 said...

@Martin
lol i dont get it-- its rare that you agree with me?