Aug 25, 2010

-being online- on the line

I don't know where to start.
Hi everybody who still reads my blog.

I've been questioning my life on the internet for the last few days.
Not only do I spend 1/4 of my day on the internet and hence don't do a lot of stuff that needs to be done, I also share too much of my private life. Actually I think you guys (at least those on twitter) know every aspect of my life by now. I've also had a few arguments with Domi about sharing details on our sex life too... being the total opposite of me when it comes to the internet, he has told me several times to leave him out of all that.
I explained to him that I need the internet as an outlet and that I can't talk with him about that stuff when it's about him... I mean... not the bad things... the good things... like, I don't know.... how cute he is, how great he is, bla bla... sex included.
I used to be part of a basketball team up until a couple of months ago. Now that I am not, I hang around the net too much. Domi is out of the team too, but he has piano lessons and music and all the other things that I am not allowed to mention.
And it sure doesn't help that I have some really really nice friends from Jamaica over Mexico to US to Europe, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines and Australia and New Zealand.
How can I not be "addicted" to their stories, their culture, their kind souls and... well their friendship, their wisdom and their advice?

Last year around fall I was amused at a tweet of a friend who said: "congratulations to xyz on her 13,264th tweet" indicating she just talked too much nonsense on twitter. Now I have over 16,000 tweets myself.

I need to back off and regroup... what am I doing there? I used to blog way more... now I don't cause I end up telling it to someone on twitter or talk to them about it on skype.

So I miss out on writing some awesome stuff down. This blog is a journal after all and I like going back and reading stuff. Hell, I like going back and let friends read stuff to me while on skype and when I am too clingy to hang up so I ask them to read my own blog to me untl I fall asleep. And for some reason they DO IT...

What I wanna say is, I should cut back.

Like this week for instance... I have stopped tweeting for two or three days and already I have achieved a lot.
Besides the job at the agency that mom got me, I have taken a second job for this week where I help reorganizing some storage... hard labor, but also very good money.
Money I can use for my driver's licence and guess what... I even started my first lesson (theory lesson) yesterday.

School will start again next week, so I can forget about my first job.
I don't know why I am doing this blogpost... oh yeah... now I remember... I want to get it off my chest.
hmmm, I feel like I still have left out a lot of things that happened.
I miss some people already... I think about them several times a day. <4

I'm gonna go to bed now... goodnight.

9 comments:

Lunty said...

oh Nic if u need to get more stuff done then by all means cut back :P just come by when you have free time or feel the need to talk to us ^___^ lots of grown up guys with jobs find little snippets of free time to tweet :P just tweet when u feel like it! :3 hope u have fun at your jobs!

torchy! said...

i totally empathise with you Nic, and i wish you the best in achieving whatever outcome is best for you.

my only advice is to do your very best not to upset or alienate Domi, but you knew that anyway :)

torchy!

Anonymous said...

;( miss ya nic! Get a lot of things done, work hard and good luck for your Theoriestunden... They can be pretty boring :P
hope to hear from you soon tho!

A secret friend :P

WkBoy714 said...

Yeah I noticed you cut back recently - a good thing, with consideration.

"Hell, I like going back and let friends read stuff to me while on skype and when I am too clingy to hang up so I ask them to read my own blog to me untl I fall asleep. And for some reason they DO IT..." :)

Mind Of Mine said...

I feel ya gurlfriend, I spend too much time on t'interweb!

Just said...

Nic do what you have to do for you! So understand! It is easy to get addicted to it all! Sometimes you just have to pull yourself away! What never talk to you on skype lmao ... it's ok ... Nic I don't talk to many there.... I am glad you doing o.k...... that is what matters ... Tell Domi I said hello!

Planetx_123 said...

I empathize and want you to do what's best for Nic. Just try to find the right moderation. As Lunty said us "grown ups" >_> find time to tweet when we can... :-)

Much Love,
Steve

Sarah said...

i think it's a good thing to cut back. makes real life more real :) and if you wanna talk and don't have internet available, just call me on my cell :)

TOY COUTURE said...

"Last year around fall I was amused at a tweet of a friend who said: "congratulations to xyz on her 13,264th tweet" indicating she just talked too much nonsense on twitter. Now I have over 16,000 tweets "

Toooo funny!!! :) :) Loves it!!!