Nov 16, 2008

I love sundays

Folks, I just came home from a date. From THE date of the year.
The guy who I went out with was to die for. I don't want to say his real name, yet. Let's call him "A.". A. is 18 and has HIS OWN CAR. I met A. through my best friend Dominik who I'm gonna tell more about in another blog.
Dominik introduced me to A. last weekend and I didn't really pay much attention to him, because he is so not the type of guy I am after usually. He plays baseball... need I say more? - lol.

I gave it a chance and DAMN was I surprised today.

Aaaaah it was so great. I don't know where to start. Fuck I feel like such a girl. He's the most perfect date you can wish for.

A. asked me out to go to the movies and maybe have something to eat. Now, I wasn't that excited about it because I just had a "date" with another guy last weekend wheere we went to the movies and hardly talked and after that we had a greaaaat meal at a Subway "restaurant". Irony much? yeah... it was ok but not that great.

However... A. changed the whole going out concept for me today.

A. A. A. A. A. ... there I said it... that guy is cool.
I should stop. I'm too excited.

After Dominik came over today, he asked me what I'm gonna wear. I was planing to wear my black jeans with a black turtleneck. I look good in those. But Dominik insisted that I should wear a shirt... like with buttons... in hindsight, Dominik must have known about the evening plans... hmmm... I gotta ask him tomorrow.

whatever... so I put on black jeans with a black shirt and a black jacket with a white scarf... I know... cliche... but I look good in it :o)

A. rang the doorbell and my mom opened the door. She had no idea about me going out tonight so she invited him in to the living room while she came in my room to tell me that there is someone there to see me.

I was like... shit... now she knows him. You know... I tend to keep my "love life" a secret to her until I find somone who is actually worth it to introdce. But A. somehow managed to do it on his own.

Of course mom didn't let me off the hook. So she said I should join them in the living room while her "INTERVIEW" started. A. said the most charming things. It was like he prepared a speech... lol... Mom actually said that he did a good job and that he told all the things she "needed" to hear.

lol... this was the first of many moments tonight when I felt like a foolish giggly girl. I tell you more about it in a minute.

A. and I left my house around 6.30pm... He said we have time because he had made dinner reservations for 8.
DINNER RESERVATIONS... yes... you heard me. We were going to a place where he had to make dinner reservations. Isn't that cool?
So we drove to the city. It's a 30 min drive and you could tell that he tried everything to make the drive as pleasurable as possible for me. He asked me if he should put on the heater... or what kind of music I wanted to hear. Then he gave me his ipod (attached to his car radio) to look for good music.
He talked about what we were going to do tonight but at the same time wasn't giving it away.

When we arrived in the parking lot he had to push a button to get a parking ticket which he had to pay when leaving. I tell you this because it is kinda important for later. Funny. I'm gonna tell you later.

We had to walk for like 10 minutes. He kept on asking me if I'm cold. This is like what he did all night... like asking me if I'm doing good, if I'm feeling cozy, if the dinner was good, if I liked the music... he cared so much.

When we arrived at the restaurant he took my jacket and brought it to the wardrobe. We waited for the maître d' to show us our table.
A. obviously knew a few things about me already (note to myself, I have to talk with Dominik how much he told him about me). Because there was a live band playing and when the maître d' showed us our table, A. asked him for another one closer to the band/stage.
By the way, at that moment I didn't know that there was going to be a band playing.

So we sat down and our waiter arrived. He gave us the wine list, which I thought was funny cause I am legally not allowed to drink alcohol yet. But obviously I looked mature enough... lol. We ordered drinks (don't worry, alcohol free) and I looked at the menu and saw that it was really really pricey. I mean like... a soup for 18 Euro was the cheapest thing on the menu.
I had like 50 Euro in my wallet and I wasn't sure where we were going after dinner. A. told me not to worry, like he could read my mind. He said he asked me out so he is gonna pay. And I told him "OK, what's the most expensive thing they have here?"
He laughed and when the waiter came back to take the order A. ordered grilled fish and then he said, "and for my friend over here, I assume he'd like to have the beluga caviar"... Our waiter, Oscar, smiled and looked at me for reassurance and I was like turning three shades of red. A. started to laugh and said "I'm serious, take what you want." Then Oscar recommended argentinian beef with a mushroom sauce and I agreed.

We had to wait about 30 minutes for our meal but it went by quite fast. A. and I talked a lot about almost everything. He told me about his family and his siblings and about his grandma a lot. I noticed how he avoided talking about his mom. Later I found out she had left the family when he was a small kid and his grandma moved in with them.

A. is a very interesting person. He actually managed to get me interested in baseball. He has a band and plays guitar. And he is about to get his drivers licence for his motorcycle Betty... I laughed so much tonight... he calls his dangerous biker gang motorcycle Betty...

Aaaah, A. A. A. A. A., he's a funny guy.

When our food arrived it was like they made it for 6 people. It was soo much. A. said we have a lot of time because there was going to be a band. And we should stay to listen to them. And so we ate and talked and ate and laughed and ate and ate and ate...lol... and laughed. He claims to be the only person in the world who can move his ears independently.

When the band started to play it was very very good... like REALLY good. They had a piano, a bass (jazz bass) a saxophone player and a percussionist. The singer was a woman with a great great voice. I wonder why she is singing in a restaurant when she clearly could get a reecord deal.
They played nice jazz music snd what kind of pissed me off for a while was that a few people kept on talking like there is no band playing.
I couldn't stand still and got up and went over to one table with two women who seemed to have this competition with the band. They were talking and laughing like really loud. And I had to say something.
And I went over and sat right next to them and told them that there is someone who is sharing her beautiful voice with us and that a lot of people want to hear her and that they should listen to her too. And they apologized and shut up after that.

A. said he never would have the guts to do that. And I said no big deal and that I did it cause they were pissing me off.

The band was really good and the singer, she was black and her name was Shawna (I think) sang the most beautiful version of "I will survive". Guys... you have to come to Germany, go to the restaurant and enjoy her version... yes... she is THAT good.

I almost didn't want to leave but A. promised my mom to get me home by 10:30.

A. paid a lot for dinner. I almost feel guilty. So when we arrived at the parking lot he didn't have change for the ticket. So I said I want to pay that. And he was really upset... which I found very very cute. He didn't want me to pay and was like very upset. It took me a while to convince him that it was no big deal.

How cute.

We drove back home and he was... oh wait... he actually opened the door for me to sit in the car. I felt like a girl for the 10th time tonight. But he did it in the most masculin way... lol... I can't describe it to you. He was very charming.

When we arrived at my house he said it was a great night and he hoped that I enjoyed it as much as he did. We got off the car and he walkd me to the door.
He gave me a goodnight kiss on the cheek... isn't that like the cutest thing to do EVER? aaaaaah A., A. A. A. A. A... :o)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

ok don't have much time. but this is so cute. while reading this I was grinning so much my cheeks hurt. sounds like you had a great date. #hugs I am so glad for you, love, sarah

Anonymous said...

Aww- happy for you. Sounds like you really had a good time or should I say, it was more awesome then good, or was it more like you were riding a cloud and your beating heart was the wind. In any rate when is your next date?

Mr. Anonymous

Planetx_123 said...

I second sasa- I have just been grinning so much from all of this. I love hearing about good first dates! I am really happy for you- I know you are a good person, and I hope that there is many many more good dates to come for you and A. Have you had a boyfriend before? How serious was it if so?

So much we (or at least) I don't know about you- but would like to. I'm really happy for you.

Steve

Joey said...

Sounds like it was a perfect Sunday, wasn't it? Good luck for both of you.

Btw, like the way you're writing.

Joey

Matze said...

I love you very much, Nic. Joe don't deserve you. You are big heart and are sweet. I want children with you.

beat beat peace