Sep 6, 2009

I think I'm straight

yes, you heard me.
I can't be gay. It's impossible.
I was in Roermond today. Roermond is a city in the Netherlands close to the German border.
There is a shopping mall there called Designer Outlet Roermond which is kind of a town built inside of the city of Roermond. As you may have guessed it's a special place where only designer labels are sold (Gucci, Hugo Boss, Joop, Dolce&Gabbana, Diesel).
So I assume real gay men would feel like they are in heaven.
But I couldn't leave soon enough. It seems the gay gene for shopping is missing from my gene pool.
I bought two Diesel Jeans, two D&G shirts and a pair of Nikes. And that was it. The rest of the time I was deadly bored and sat down outside the stores and waited for my family to finish.

Thank god there were a lot of really cute dutch boys walking around. And I got to flirt with a 17 year old Vietnamese who was working at that bistro we stoped at to have coffee. He was totally sweet and smiled all the time and when we bought our coffee and sat down (it was self service), he came over and started cleaning the (already clean) tables around us and then kept on talking to me. And then he left again after feeling like he should show his boss that he's actually working, only to come back with a few mini cookies on a plate and said in a megasweet voice "here you go, some sweets for you". When I left he waved at me and gave me that smiling look again.

Oh wait, did I say "thank god there were cute boys"?
Maybe I'm gay after all.

pheeew. what a relief.

2 comments:

Planetx_123 said...

:-)

Have you already explained to me how you are american but live in germany and other european places...? I seem to have forgotten why this is, and I'm insanely jealous that you get to grow up being so worldly!

Much Love,
Steve

Shay said...

lol u live in germany? lol where about. Most of my family live in germany lol