Sep 1, 2009

Pure Disappointment

I need to vent, I need to vent really bad.
why do I need to vent? because of one Mister Nicolas Cage.

Mister Nicolas Cage was one of my most favorite. No wait... he was THE most favorite actor of mine ever.
I mean, look at the movies he's made... Con Air, Face Off with Travolta, THE ROCK, and need I mention his brilliant brilliant brilliant acting in The Matchstick Men?

So when I hear that Mister Nicolas Cage headlines a movie, I automatically assume that movie is the best movie of the DECADE.

Oh how wrong I was.

I watched "The Wicker Man" with a promising very good start. Very mysterious. A cop is called to a secluded private island by her former fiance to help her find her kidnapped daughter.
Great story. Great acting. Honestly, Nicolas. Good work. BUT THE MOVIE WAS TOTAL CRAP.

Then, I watched "The Knowing". Again... a perfect story, very good in the beginning, very good acting on your part, Nicolas. Very mysterious, thrilling story. BUT THEY HAD TO FUCK IT UP with adding aliens to the story. I mean... are you even reading the scripts before you accept a job offer?

You let me down, man. YOU. LET. ME: DOWN.

I hate you Mister Nicolas Cage, I hate you. I hate you because you STILL are my favorite actor of all times. And I hate you because of all the money you're gonna get from me for the future bad movies you make that I'll watch because of you.

4 comments:

Planetx_123 said...

Matchstick men was underrated, and I re-watched part of the wheatherman or whatever that movie was called and remember how cute his 'son' was in the movie :-)

I loved the Rock when it came out-- I was probably too young and shouldn't have been watching it, but my friends and I loved it!

I heard Knowing was good-- I guess no? Good think I didn't rent it the other night.

Much Love,
Steve

Nic said...

Hi Steve,

Matchstick man was fantastic. The whole storsy is totally great. I don't wanna spoil it for anyone so I keep quiet but the ending was so fuckng surprising to me. I love movies where I can't predict the ending.

The Weather Man was a mediochre story but great acting again. And that 'sons' name is Nicholas Hoult. He's the guy from 'about a boy' and also plays 'tony' in the UK series 'skins'.

ooh, I just realized his name is Nic too. haha. maybe I should try acting.

THE ROCK WAS THE BOMB. I love it. I've seen it like 27 times and still love it.

Knowing is a good movie. And Nicolas Cage is very good in it. But the ending is total bullshit.

You should watch it anyway. It's about 2 hours and one and half hours of it are pure pleasure.

have fuuuun :o)

Planetx_123 said...

Huh- I saw him and was like 'man that looks just like Tony from Skins'... but then dismissed it because of the lack of british accent. I guess he must be a better actor than I gave him credit for-- but totally hot none the less.

I may go pick up knowing...

Thanks!

Shay said...

ok now i have to watch that movie just because its got tony from skins in it. i watched the rock, thats the one about the prison in san francisco isn't it? i liked it, but didn't really understand the ending cos he dismantled the bomb and then, like got stabbed, then walked off? yeah i'm probably wrong