Dec 2, 2009

hey guys

Hey readers, sorry I haven't blogged in awhile... I got some feedback that what i put up was depressing, and i didn't mean it to be that way, so im sorry...
But now i think if i blog anything it will just be events, and not creative writings anymore.
My English teacher today, who ive never had anything but respect for, took me aside after a block period where we discussed Solzhenitizen's One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich for 80 minutes. I thought that she was going to compliment me on my job in the class discussion that day, but i was very very wrong. She told me that, on my last paper, and on my thesis for my extended esssay, i dont know what a theme is. She badgered me and humiliated me for 15 or 20 minutes, and i guess all i can say is im glad she didnt do it in front of the class...
anyways, i was and am extremely hurt by what she said to me..
Ive never done anything but put all of my effort into anything i gave her, and ive always enjoyed english more than any other class..
And i know the difference between a creative writing and a literary analysis... but I love doing both..
but for her to say the things she did....in the way she did....
it just makes me want to stop writing forever.
Anyways.... sorry for yet another depressing entry, at least this one isnt accompanied with a stupid poem.

~Jake~

2 comments:

Nic said...

way to motivate her students.
some people are just failures at communication.

Anonymous said...

What an incredibly bad teacher!She clearly needs to take some lessons in basic communication.

Never worry if what you're writing is sad or depressing, say what you want to say and if people don't like it let them go elsewhere. (That advice was given to me last week when I apologised for something I wrote that was frankly depressing)

Keep writing, those of us who care want to hear from you

Love
Mac - Old Midhurstian