Mar 12, 2010

couples forever?

I had this interesting conversation with a very good friend on skype. It's about eternal love and especially about my relationship with Dominik.



Nic: can I ask you something?
Anonymous: sure
Nic: do you think Domi and I have a chance to grow old together?
Nic: I mean
Nic: seriously
Nic: we're young now and in love
Nic: but is that gonna last forever?
Nic: I think about that once in a while
Anonymous: well this is what i think
Anonymous: i know that the best couples, straight and gay, are not based on sex, but usually happen after being great friends for a long time
Anonymous: so i think that the two of you are emotionally over compatible
Anonymous: however
Anonymous: i know you, and i know you fucking love to fuck
Anonymous: and i dont know domi that well
Anonymous: but something tells me that cause he's a human, he also loves to fuck
Nic: yes and we both are ok with the other one wanting to fuck
Nic: I have no probs with him fucking girls
Nic: you know that
Anonymous: sex leads to bigger feelings
Nic: and yes you've analyzed me well (in that depratment)
Nic: does it?
Anonymous: when you get older
Anonymous: and my personal philosophy, from understanding modern analysis of sexuality
Anonymous: is that it is not static for most people. it changes over your lifetime
Anonymous: subtlely for some, entirely for others, it really just depends
Anonymous: and you guys will change too... growing up makes different people out of all of us
Anonymous: and i am NOT
Anonymous: trying to say you guys will fail
Anonymous: but young people dont know what they want
Nic: I know you're not meaning to hurt me... so go ahead... it's interesting
Anonymous: i mean, in my grade
Anonymous: of about 350 people
Anonymous: we have maybe.... MAYBE.... 3 couples that will get married.
Anonymous: maybe none
Anonymous: and the couples who might get married, have been together since 8th grade... 5 years ago
Anonymous: and im not saying you guys wont stay together
Anonymous: how many couples in your school do you think will be together forever?
Nic: there are no couples in my school that are together longer than 6 months
Nic: but my school is small
Nic: Domi and I have been best friends for 4 years and a couple for over a year now
Nic: what do you think?
Anonymous: i can only speculate for the people who i THINK are going to get married, people i have seen together for 5 years... i've never seen you two interact.. i wouldnt be comfortable saying one way or the other
Nic: right
Nic: I'm not talking about marriage
Nic: I'm talking about being in love forever
Anonymous: same difference
Nic: I can't imagine the day when I realize I don't love him anymore
Anonymous: well you might love him forever
Anonymous: i could believe that
Anonymous: but will you be together forever? i cant say that

Anonymous: i can totally believe you will love him forever, i know ill love you forever, and i know people love each other forever... but love is a really, really, really losely defined and ambigous word babe....
Anonymous: i mean, your love for him is different then the love for your mom? or your love for sex? or barack obama? those are all different types of love...
Nic: yes
Anonymous: well.....my question for you, when you get back, is... if you could compare your love for domi to another kind of love, what would it be?
Nic: I can't actually compare it to any other love... cause it's a category of love on it's own
Anonymous: well what comes close to it?
Nic: my love for choclate
Nic: cause it's close to an adiction

-----------------------


Now, it would be great to hear about your opinion. Can couples in their teens be couples forever?

4 comments:

Nic said...

thank you Ron :o)

Anonymous said...

hey nic! i just rememebered to check your blog D:

so firstly, my deepest condolences on the loss of 'Oma' :( you speak of her very fondly and she must be incredibly happy and lucky to have someone like you in her life. i'm sorry you had to go through that and i'm also sorry it's taken me this long to write something.

secondly, it's not impossible for teen couples to be together forever, but i reckon it is difficult. at this age, i still find myself constantly relooking at the world through different perspectives and experiencing things differently. readjusting to these new perspectives is of course a given and i reckon at the end of this relook-readjust cycle, i'd change quite a bit in the future. if the relationship can stand all these changes, then it probably has a chance.

but screw this, at our age, who needs to be thinking so deeply into the future. what you have is something good, so enjoy it. don't think too much and go with the flow. you're not (that :P)naive so you'll be able to handle things as they come.

KS ;)

Mr. Urs said...

When it comes to love, we can't take anything for granted, independent of the age. All that we can, is enjoying what we have now.

fuck, i'm gay said...

i am so jealous of what you two have. cherish it and never take it for granted.

take care!!